Campfire Believed to Have Sparked Cheyenne Grass Fire
A campfire is believed to have accidentally sparked a Sunday afternoon grass fire in southeast Cheyenne.
"The fire was reported around 2:45 p.m. near the 2600 block of Nationway and was estimated to be about (an) acre in size," CFR said in a release sent out late Monday afternoon.
CFR says the Laramie County Fire Authority assisted with a brush truck and tender for extra manpower and water supply.
"The fire was extinguished, and the scene was cleared by around 3:50 p.m.," CFR said.