What Is The Difference Between A Boss And A Leader? They Are Not The Same Thing!
Somewhere along the line, we all have a boss, but what we really desire is a leader. There are differences between the two. Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight the difference between a boss and a leader. There are certainly more than just 5, but for the sake of the format, I'll choose what I think are most important.
- A boss uses people and a leader develops people.
- A boss blames people and takes the credit. A leader takes the blame and doesn't take the credit.
- A boss drives employees down and a leader coaches people up to their full potential.
- A boss depends on authority and a leader depends on goodwill and real care of their employees.
- A boss will tell you "how it's done" and a leader will show you how it's done.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman, and is sponsored by First Education Federal Credit Union.