Unattended Cooking to Blame for Fire at Cheyenne Hotel
Cheyenne Fire Rescue is reminding residents to take extra care when cooking following a Friday evening fire.
Spokesman Scott Smith says firefighters were called to TownPlace Suites at 1710 W. Lincolnway at 6:08 p.m. after a cooking fire broke out in one of the rooms.
Smith says the fire was out when crews arrived, but the room and hallway were filled with heavy smoke.
"The origin was a pan filled with oil and the cause was unattended cooking left on the stove," said Smith. "Firefighters cleared the scene at 7:23 p.m."
Smith says damage was limited to the kitchen hood and room. No one was injured in the fire.