POWELL, Wyo. (AP) — A Wyoming man escaped from his burning mobile home thanks to his 5-month-old German shepherd, which woke him by jumping on him.

Reynaldo "Rey" Adame, of Powell, said when he was woken up at 6:55 a.m. Tuesday he found flames licking underneath the couch he was on.

Adame says his mobile home was full of smoke, so he fled outside, barefoot, into the sub-zero cold.

When he opened the door, the fire exploded, forcing him to close the door before his dog, Blue, could escape.

He reopened the door but couldn't see his dog, so he ran to the rear of the home and forced that door open. A terrified Blue jumped out.

Adame was hospitalized for a day for smoke inhalation.

More From KGAB