Cheyenne Frontier Days Basics You Need to Know
Is this your first Cheyenne Frontier Days? Or maybe the first in while? Well, you may have some questions about how the basics of CFD work. So we scoured all our sources and answer some of those questions for you.
The 'Daddy of 'em All' happens during the last week of July at Frontier Park in Cheyenne, Wyoming (MAP). For 2021, the 125th CFD is July 23 through August 1.
Get our free mobile app
Where Does Frontier Days take Place?
- While there are some off-site events like the parades, airshow, and pancake breakfasts, The Daddy of 'em All calls Frontier Park in the heart of Cheyenne home, as it has since 1908. If you need an address for your GPS: 4610 Carey Ave, 82001 Cheyenne, Wyoming. Frontier Park opens at 11:00 AM.
How much does it cost to get into CFD at Frontier Park?
- It costs $5.00 per person to get in the gate. UNLESS you have tickets to that day's rodeo or concert, then it's free. Also, if you pay the $10.00 for Park and Ride you'll get free entrance to the park for everyone in your vehicle.
- CHEYENNE/LARAMIE COUNTY DAY on JULY 28 - FREE gate admission to Laramie County residents with a valid I.D.
- MILITARY MONDAY on JULY 26 - Show your Military I.D. (Active, Guard, Reserve, Retired or Dependent) and get FREE gate admission.
- Be Sure to Take Note of Ticket Protocol for Cheyenne Frontier Days
Who are performing during Frontier Night at Cheyenne Frontier Days?
- Coming to Frontier Park in Cheyenne in July 2021 will be Garth Brooks with Ned LeDoux; Cody Johnson; Maren Morris; and Kane Brown. Blake Shelton; Eric Church; and Thomas Rhett with Rhett Akins were rescheduled from 2020 and will be on stage this year.
- 2021 CHEYENNE FRONTIER DAYS ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE
- July 23: GARTH BROOKS With NED LeDoux
- July 24: THOMAS RHETT With RHETT AKINS
- July 25: CODY JOHNSON With AARON WATSON
- July 26 & July 27: PBR—LAST COWBOY STANDING
- July 28: MAREN MORRIS
- July 29: ERIC CHURCH With ASHLEY McBryde
- July 30: KANE BROWN With RESTLESS ROAD
- July 31: BLAKE SHELTON With JOHN KING
- July 24–August 1: PRCA RODEO ACTION
- Brett Young Added to Star-Studded Lineup for Cheyenne Frontier Days
What about pets, coolers or strollers at Cheyenne Frontier Days? Can they come too?
- No pets are allowed at the park (except for certified service dogs for the disabled). No outside food and beverages are allowed, BUT strollers are allowed.
- Clear Bag Policy In Effect For Cheyenne Frontier Days 2021 Events
Where to Park for Cheyenne Frontier Days, and How Much?
- There's the Park and Ride option. You park at the Park and Ride lot just off of Exit 10D on I-25. Pay $10.00 to park, take a bus to Frontier Park and get in the gate for free.
- If you want to park at Frontier Park, public parking costs $25.00 per vehicle, with access to the park via Warren Avenue or Carey Avenue (see map here).
- There is also a free shuttle running from downtown Cheyenne to Frontier Park (details and hours here).
When and Where are the Cheyenne Frontier Days Parades?
- There will be four parades in downtown Cheyenne, on July 24, 27, 29, and 31. All the parades will begin at 9:00 AM and start in front of the Wyoming Capitol building then head down Capitol Avenue and then up Carey Avenue. (PARADE MAP)
When and Where is the Cheyenne Frontier Days Free Pancake Breakfast?
- A CFD favorite since 1952, the Pancake Breakfast is served up for free in the Cheyenne Depot Plaza downtown. This year, the pancakes will be cooking on July 26, 28, and 30 from 7:00 until 9:00 AM.
When is Cheyenne Frontier Days Military Monday?
- Monday, July 26 is Military Appreciation Monday at Frontier Park. Show your Military I.D. (Active, Guard, Reserve, Retired or Dependent) and get free C Stand rodeo ticket and FREE gate admission.
- Also, that day's rodeo will feature military transportation through the ages and a giant flag in the arena to start the event. Plus, there are military displays throughout the park.
When and Where are the Cheyenne Frontier Days Airshows
- The U.S.A.F. Thunderbird Aerial Demonstration is also Wednesday, July 28 at 10:00 AM over F. E. Warren Air Force Base.
- All our Cheyenne Frontier Days News, Info, and Fun
- New Statue of Chris Ledoux Arrives at Cheyenne’s Frontier Park
- CFD FLASHBACK: KISS Live at Frontier Nights 2016
- CFD FLASHBACK: The Roots Of The Cheyenne Frontier Days Cattle Drive
- CFD Flashback: Lane Frost’s Last Ride At Cheyenne Frontier Days
- More CFD Flashback
10 Cheyenne Frontier Days Souvenirs Found on eBay
2021 is the 125th annual Cheyenne Frontier Days. It's crazy when you stop to think about it that means the Daddy of 'Em All has been around longer than the internet, sliced bread, and cars!
Over that century-plus of Old West celebrations, millions of people have visited Cheyenne, Wyoming. Many of the people took home souvenirs of their days cheering on the rodeo participants and exploring Wyoming.
Many years later those souvenirs have made their way onto the online auction site eBay. Collectors from around the world are reading bits and pieces of Cheyenne's history of tourism. Here are a few of the treasures we found recently.
LOOK: VIntage Postcards Showing-Off Cheyenne Frontier Days Through the Years
Postcards have been a thing since the mid-1800s. Sending pictures and short messages on card-stock paper to friends and families really took off in the first half of the 20th century. While not quite as popular today, they still exist, and collecting postcards even has a special name, Deltiology.
Postcards were made for a lot of things, like vacation destinations and events. Cheyenne Frontier Days was the source of many. On the auction site eBay we found a lot of vintage postcards with fascinating pictures of Cheyenne and the Daddy of 'Em All.