Cheyenne Frontier Days Basics You Need to Know
Is this your first Cheyenne Frontier Days? Or maybe the first in while? Well, you may have some questions about how the basics of CFD work. So we scoured all our sources and answer some of those questions for you.
Where Does Frontier Days take Place?
- While there are some off-site events like the parades, airshow, and pancake breakfasts, the of The Daddy of 'em All calls Frontier Park in the heart of Cheyenne home, as it has since 1908. If you need an address for your GPS: 4610 Carey Ave, 82001 Cheyenne, Wyoming. Frontier Park opens at 11:00 AM.
How much does it cost to get into CFD at Frontier Park?
- It costs $5.00 per person over 2 years-old to get in the gate. UNLESS you have tickets to that day's rodeo or concert, then it's free. Also, if you pay the $10.00 for Park and Ride you'll get free entrance to the park for everyone in your vehicle.
What about pets, coolers or strollers? Can they come too?
- No pets are allowed at the park (except for certified service dogs for the disabled). No outside food and beverages are allowed, BUT strollers are allowed.
Where to Park, and How Much?
- There's the Park and Ride option. You park at the Park and Ride lot just off of Exit 10D on I-25. Pay $10.00 to park, take a bus to Frontier Park and get in the gate for free.
- If you want to park at Frontier Park, public parking costs $20.00 per vehicle, with access to the park via Warren Avenue or Carey Avenue (see map here).
- There is also a free shuttle running from downtown Cheyenne to Frontier Park (details and hours here).
When and Where are the Parades?
- There will be four parades in downtown Cheyenne, on July 20, 23, 25, and 27. All the parades will begin at 9:00 AM and start in front of the Wyoming Capitol building then head down Capitol Avenue and then up Carey Avenue.
When and Where is the Free Pancake Breakfast?
- A CFD favorite since 1952, the Pancake Breakfast is served-up for free in the Cheyenne Depot Plaza downtown. This year, the pancakes will be cooking on July 22, 24, 26 from 7:00 until 9:00 AM.
When is Military Monday?
- Monday, July 22 is Military Appreciation Monday at Frontier Park. Show your Military I.D. (Active, Guard, Reserve, Retired or Dependent) and get Free C Stand rodeo ticket and FREE gate admission.
- Also, that day's rodeo will feature military transportation through the ages and a giant flag in the arena to start the event. Plus, there are military displays throughout the park.
When and Where are the Airshows?