A fire burned a large amount of grass and part of a standing structure in Cheyenne March 15, 2017, according to eyewitnesses.

The fire was seen near the 500 block of Allison Road. Former Cheyenne City Councilwoman Annette Williams said that the fire consumed a large area as firefighters were battling the blaze.

The area houses the Cheyenne Boys and Girls club as well as other structures. It is not confirmed if they are in any danger.

Traffic is congested in the area. People should avoid the area if possible.

The City of Cheyenne has yet comment. We will update this story as we get more information.


More From KGAB