Veteran’s Service Officer August Community Outreach Schedule
A Wyoming veterans service officer from the Wyoming Veterans Commission will conduct community outreach services in Wyoming cities throughout August. Vicki Richards, is available to meet with veterans and their families to discuss state and federal veterans' benefits, Department of Veterans Affairs claims, or VA healthcare. Richards can also help veterans, and their families apply for benefits, file claims or request healthcare on the following dates:.
* Laramie - Aug. 7 and 21, at the Laramie VA Clinic, 112 S. 5th St., from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Aug. 8 at WyoTech, 1889 Venture Drive, from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Cheyenne - Aug. 13, 20, and 26, at the Joint Forces Readiness Center, 5800 Central Ave., from 1 - 4 p.m.; and Aug. 16 at the Senior center, 2101 Thomes Ave., from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
* Wheatland - Aug. 14, at the Wheatland Fire Department Training Facility, 759 E. Cole St., from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Rawlins - Aug. 15 and 28, at the Rawlins VA Clinic, 1809 E. Daly St., from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Guernsey - Aug. 19 at the Camp Guernsey chapel, from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
* Torrington - Aug. 22, at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, 908 W. 25th Ave., from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Richards is available to meet with veterans and their families from Carbon, Albany, Platte, Goshen and Laramie counties, in addition to the scheduled outreach. Her office is located at the Joint Forces Readiness Center, 5800 Central Ave., in Cheyenne.