Wyoming QB lands MW Offensive Player of the Week honors
* University of Wyoming press release
LARAMIE -- University of Wyoming Cowboy junior quarterback Andrew Peasley was selectes as the Mountain West Conference Offensive Player of the Week on Monday for his performance in leading Wyoming to a 40-37 double-overtime home win over Tulsa last Saturday.
With the Cowboys trailing by 10 points, 24-34, with 14:54 remaining in the game, Peasley guided the Cowboys on two scoring drives in the fourth quarter to send the game to overtime.
Peasley completed 20 of 30 passes (66.7 percent) for 256 yards, 2 TD passes and 0 interceptions on the day. His touchdown passes went for 48 and 51 yards. The 51-yarder came with 6:19 remaining in the game to tie the game at 34-34 and force overtime.
MORE UW FOOTBALL NEWS:
* Tuck's Takes: Peasley hushes critics in career outing
* Three stars of the game: Pokes vs. Golden Hurricane
* Rants & Raves: Tulsa Edition
* Wyoming wins double-overtime thriller over Tulsa, 40-37
* Turning point, unsung hero and what's next for UW football
* Behind the numbers: Wyoming vs. Tulsa
* Wyoming linebacker Shae Suiaunoa has paid his dues
He also led Wyoming in rushing with 45 yards and he accounted for 301 yards of total offense. Peasley guided the Cowboys on six offensive scoring drives and accounted for 12 of Wyoming’s 17 first downs (10 passing and 2 rushing). He also connected with eight different receivers on the day.
Peasley is a native of La Grande, Ore., where he played at La Grande High School. He is in his first season at Wyoming after transferring from Utah State University this past offseason.
This is Peasley’s second Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week award of his career. He also earned the award in the 2020 when he guided Utah State to a victory over New Mexico.