The Weirdest Thanksgiving Dinner Dish In Wyoming That People Eat
When we think of traditional dishes at Thanksgiving, people typically think of turkey. But there is a rare dish in Wyoming, that I never thought would make the grade.
Here are some weird dishes, that are actually popular at Thanksgiving time, that people actually eat. You might be surprised what made the table in Wyoming.
- Frog Eye Salad - In Wyoming and Colorado, the frog eye salad touts of fruit, eggs, marshmallows, whipped cream and pasta. Thankfully, we found no frog eyes in the salad, however, that doesn't mean there weren't any.
- Snicker Apple Salad - The one is pretty popular in our neighboring state of Nebraska. It sounds really good though. The salad consists of chopped Snicker candy bars, , whipped cream and apples. How can one go wrong with this dish?
- Pumpkin Whoopee Pie - If you ever make it out to the state of Maine, they are well known for their homemade Whoopee Pies. Some have won contests with these things. They are extremely good, but I've never had a pumpkin one.
- Sopapilla Cheesecake - This is a Sooner favorite as the folks in Oklahoma are very familiar with these. Texas also digs them too. If you ever have the chance to eat one, prepare your taste buds for cheesecake made with crescent rolls.
- Stuffed Artichokes - I never thought ole 'Artie' would ever make it to the Thanksgiving table, but it does in New York and New Jersey. Not sure what they stuff them with, but I'm pretty sure it's not frog eyes.
What different things does your family eat at Thanksgiving, that may not be the 'traditional meal' here in the Cowboy State? Feel free to share the recipe with us in the comments section.