BOPU Report Says Cheyenne Water Exceeds Federal Safety Standards
A new report from the Cheyenne Board of Public Utilities [BOPU] says Cheyenne's water quality and safety meets or exceeds federal and local drinking water standards.
You can read the full report here.
BOPU spokeswoman Dena Egenhoff says Cheyenne's water safety stems from two factors. One is the fact that BOPU employees constantly watch over the water system and it's treatment processes 24/7.
She says the other important factor is the fact the city has excellent water sources.
Egenhoff says about 70 percent of the city's water comes from mountain streams in the Medicine Bow Mountain Range west of Laramie and the Laramie Mountain range west of Cheyenne. The other 30 percent of the local water supply comes from various groundwater wells in the area.
She says those wells are protected by multiple agencies, including the EPA, U.S. Forest Service, and several other local, state and federal agencies.