5 Winter Weather Travel Tips To Consider When Traveling
You can never be overly prepared, especially when it comes to cold weather and what you have stowed in the trunk of your car. Winter weather has arrived and we need to be prepared for the worst.
Although there are many, here are 5 ways to winterize or prepare yourself for a potential breakdown in cold weather. Please take heed and don't get caught out in the cold.
- Warm Clothes & Blankets - In the worst of the scenario's that one could imagine when broke down on the side of the road, always make sure you have warm clothes and blankets.
- Water & Food - You don't know how long you will be stranded. You can goes days without food, but you must have water. Keep extra snacks for you, the kids and pets if need be, but always have water.
- Emergency Flares - When you're off on the side of the road, it's always good to be seen. There are many vehicles that cross America every day and night, to include tractor trailer trucks. Make sure you pack emergency flares, flags and a set of jumper cables on the trip.
- Flashlights - Should you need to get mobile, you need to keep a good flashlight and maybe some extra batteries in the trunk, just in case.
- Shovel & Salt - You never know when you might get stuck in the snow on the side of the road. Keeping a bag of salt melt and a shovel, may help you out of a sticky situation at some point.