5 Reasons To Attend Thankful Thursday
So last Thursday was my second time hosting the event at the Redwood Lounge. We were fortunate enough to raise $8,100 for our friends at Lion's Club.
If you have never been down before, I can't encourage you to hang out with us enough. Not only is it for a great cause, it's a great time. After mingling a bit last week I found out we had everyone from a construction worker, stay at home mom, optometrist, writer, and even a couple politicians joined us for a beer and fun.
Here are my top 5 reasons you should spend your Thursday nights with us!
- Obviously the top reason is its for a GREAT CAUSE! We benefit a charity right here in Cheyenne that directly goes back into the community. A lot of these charities help with things in the community you may enjoy, youth, or those less fortunate.
- The place could not be Friendlier! If you're hesitant because you've never been before. Don't be! There's no pressure to drink if you're not a drinker. There's no pressure to behave if you are a drinker!
- Because you owe it to yourself to have some fun! Everyone likes to have fun on the weekend. You need that final break in your week that can help you get through one more work day. Plus, we rarely go past 10:30, so you can get to bed at a decent hour.
- Alf. If you've never met Alf from the Redwood Lounge or Alf's Pub... trust me, he's worth the introduction. Not only is he gracious and welcoming, he's a tremendous auctioneer.
- The Winning! Last week we gave away over $2,000 in prizes! You have a chance to win $500 just for walking in. The 50/50 raffle gets well above $500 every Thursday, and there are great auction items you can bid on with all of the proceeds benefiting the great local charities.