Information Forums Set for Developmental Disability Programs
With changes coming to programs that support Wyoming residents with developmental disabilities and acquired brain injuries, the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) has scheduled several meetings to explain details about the changes.
WDH has been providing services through an “Adult Developmental Disabilities Waiver,” a “Child Developmental Disabilities Waiver” and an “Acquired Brain Injury Waiver” using a combination of state and federal Wyoming Medicaid dollars. A law approved by the Wyoming Legislature and the governor earlier this year called for two new waivers: a “Supports Waiver” and a “Comprehensive Waiver.” Current participants will be transitioned to the new comprehensive waiver over the coming months and new participants from the waiting list will be brought on to the supports waiver as funding becomes available.
Each informational forum will run from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Details include:
- October 9, Cheyenne – Laramie County Community College, Center for Conferences and Institutes, Centennial Room, 1400 East College Drive
- October 10, Casper-Natrona County Extension Building, 2011 Fairgrounds Rd
- October 14, Lander– Lander Valley High School Auditorium, 350 Baldwin Creek Rd
- October 14, Green River– Western Wyoming Community College, John Wesley Powell Room, 1 College Way
- October 15, Buffalo– Senior Center, 671 W Fetterman St
- October 15, Afton– Afton Civic Center, 150 S Washington St
For those unable to attend a community meeting, a webinar/teleconference will be held on October 18 from 1 -3 p.m.