With Predators Amongst Us, Here Are Ways To Identify And Deal With Them
On a daily basis, we are surrounded by predators in one form or another. But who are these perpetrators and how can we identify and avoid their antics? Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight some ideas and methods to help you identify and deal with predators that try to feast on you and your family.
- Confront Them - When it comes right down to it, confront them and ask them what they're doing. If you really feel uncomfortable with it, then let them know. You might want to bring someone along with you as a witness for extra precaution.
- Avoid The Phoney - Predators can be very charming and friendly, but don't fall for it. If they're always trying to get you alone, or buying you gifts and you're not comfortable with it, then mark them as a predator and tell someone.
- Keep A Keen Eye On Them - Kind of like when someone is following you and they don't know that you know they are doing this. Observe them and keep an eye on their patterns and behaviors.
- Be A Tattle-Tale - If you think you are a potential victim of a predator, tell someone that you trust. Tell a friend, supervisor or even law enforcement.
- Get Ready For Change - Hackers and predators, somehow, have a way of potentially getting into your personal information which will aide them in their mission. Be prepared to change your phone number, email address and what-have-you as they will use it to their advantage. Guard your personal information closely.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman and brought to you by First Education Federal Credit Union.