Parents And Students Should Be Smart About Applying For Student Loans
Paying for college these days can be quite the challenge. Probably the best way to get through school is scholarships, but if not, and loan may be in order. Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight some ideas to think about before going after a student loan. These tips come from Bigfuture.com
- Assess Your Packages - You may have lots of offers and opportunities. Make sure you look at all applications and the details of them before deciding.
- Needs Not "Greeds" - Only borrow what you need and not what you want. Tuition, living conditions, etc are some of the things to consider.
- Part-Time Job - Not a big deal to work part time to help out with bills, rather than acquiring debt with lots of interest. Many have worked while going through school.
- You Better Shop Around - Make sure you look at different options before deciding.
- What Are You Signing? Make sure you read EVERYTHING before signing ANYTHING.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman and brought to you by First Education Federal Credit Union.