Top 5 At 7:45 – Things You Don’t Say To Someone At A Funeral
People die and people live - it's a part of life. During the time of death, it's never easy for those who have lost a loved one, nor is it easy for those who are left behind to try and comfort them.
How many times have "well meaning" family and friends said something really dumb to someone who is grieving in the name of "comfort?" I would say many of us probably have.
Today, I highlight the top 5 things that you certainly do not want to say to someone at a funeral. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman, on KGAB Mornings.
- Aren't you over them yet? They've been dead a while now.
- She brought this upon herself.
- At least he lived a long life. After all, many people die young.
- Don't worry, you can still have children.
- He is in a better place now.