Taking A Look At Some Of The Biggest Hacks From World Class Hackers
There may be many reasons why these pesky hackers insist on hacking our computers. Here are some of the biggest hack jobs in our recent history. No doubt you or someone you know has had a problem with hackers. Your computer gets hacked and your information is stolen. It's a real pain. Recently, there have been big companies who have experienced these problem children and it can be costly.
Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight some of the bigger and more popular hack-jobs that we have seen in the media. Make sure you try and protect yourself against these scoundrels.
- Sony Pictures - Most recently, we saw the hack of Sony, from North Koreans, who did not want The Interview to show. As a result of that hack, Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chair Amy Pascal is removing her foot from the company.
- Anthem - Blue Cross Blue Shield recently encountered a hacked tens of millions of customers information this year. According to Anthem, the hackers were not able to get a hold of private health information.
- Target Stores - Around the holidays in 2013, shoppers found out that hackers had hacked into Targets data bases and stole personal credit card information.
- Sony PlayStation - About 77 million credit cards were hacked back in 2011 across many different divisions of the company.
- T.J.Maxx - In 2005, over 95 million customers had their credit card data stolen.
Avoid the hackers and take the right steps to protect your sensitive information. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman and sponsored by First Education Federal Credit Union.