Happy President’s Day! Who Was Your Favorite President And Why?
Today is the day that we recognize the top office in America as men from all walks of life and backgrounds have occupied the Oval Office. Who were our favorites? Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight some of the top influential Presidents and why they were so influential.
- Ronald Reagan - He took a failing economy and instead of making excuses, he did something about it. He built up our military and was influential with the debacle of the Cold War and Communism as we knew it.
- Abraham Lincoln - Not very popular at the time, but history has shown us that the President was able to hold a divided country together and abolish slavery.
- George Washington - The first President of the United States. A General, plantation owner and one of the forefather's of our great country.
- John F Kennedy - At the time, he was the youngest President to hold office and the first Catholic. He held steady with the Cuban Missile Crises, however was assassinated early.
- Dwight D Eisenhower - During his time in office, America enjoyed great prosperity and he is responsible for our highways across our country of which he got the ideas while fighting in World War II in Germany.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman and is sponsored by First Education Federal Credit Union.