Cheyenne Railroad Crossings to Close for Resurfacing
Six Cheyenne railroad crossings will be temporarily closed over the next two weeks as BNSF Railway does resurfacing work.
Wyoming Department of Transportation spokesman Matt Murphy says the following projects are planned:
- The crossing at 24th Street will be closed beginning Thursday, April 27, at 7 a.m. and will remain closed until Friday, April 28, at 5 p.m.
- The 22nd Street crossing will be closed Monday and Tuesday, May 1-2.
- The 21st Street crossing will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, May 3-4.
- The 20th Street crossing will be closed Friday, May 5.
- The 17th Street crossing will be closed Monday and Tuesday, May 9-10.
- The 18th Street crossing will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday, May 11-12.
"Drivers in that area need to be kind of aware of those closures and plan detours appropriately," said Murphy.
Murphy says work is also planned for the crossing at College Drive, but a date has yet to be announced.