5 Ways To Save Money At The Pump
We are winding up the vacation days of summer. We'll have Labor Day to look forward to until life gets back to normal. Here are some ways to save on gas for travel this year.
Here are some ideas to think about if you're looking to save money on fuel.
- Discount Fuel Cards - Plasticjungle.com or GiftCardGranny.com have been known to sell discounted gas cards from Shell, Exxon and other stations and companies.
- The Way You Drive - Burning rubber, road rage and stepping on the gas to go around a slow driver can eat up your fuel in a hurry. Drive the speed limit and get a handle on your foot to the peddle.
- Use The Smartphone - Gas Buddy apps and AAA Triptik are two apps that you can download to help you with gas prices as you approach a town to stop. They can also tell you wait times at the pump.
- Grocery Store Rewards - If you buy enough groceries at some grocery stores, you can earn points to help save you money at their pumps.
- Trip Timing - Chris Faulkner, CEO of Breitling Oil and Gas, says that you should fill up your car on Wednesday or Thursday before 10 a.m. The reason for this is because gas prices typically go up on Thursday of each week in anticipation of weekend travel.