5 Of The Most Ridiculous Excuses Employees Gave For Being Late For Work
You may think that you have heard it all and maybe you're the one who have used them all, whether they worked or not. It's amazing how "creative" adults can be when running late.
A website called Careerbuider.com asked a bunch of workers how often they were late for work, they found many mind-boggling excuses. Over 2,500 human resource persons were polled, on line, by Harris Poll in November of 2015.
Here is what they were told as to why people said they were tardy for work.
- "I was confused by the time change and was not sure if it was "fall behind" or "spring forward".
- "I thought of quitting today, but then decided not to, so I came in late".
- "I had to chase my cows back into the field. (Wyoming?)"
- "My hair caught on fire from my blow dryer".
- "My lizard had to have emergency surgery in the morning and died during surgery. I had to mourn while deciding whether to have the lizard disposed by the vet or bring the lizard corpse with me to work".
What excuses have your co-workers used? Did you buy it or not? Share some of their, or your, creative excuses for being late with us in the comments section below.