What Was Our Worst School Cafeteria Lunch Menu’s….Ever?
Although kids may not want to admit it, but lunches are a part of elementary school.I would say that school lunches have come a long way from the school lunches of the 60's, 70's and even in the 80's. Today, on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight what some of the worst school lunches were.....ever.
What were some of the worst "mystery foods" they called lunch, to ever hit your cafeteria tray? Tell us about it.
- Canned Peas: These were absolutely the worst little mushy green things to my palate. Even with honey. Gross!
- Liverwurst Sandwiches: I'm sure we're going back quite a few decades with this one. Now days, serving this in school would probably be considered child abuse. A very poor excuse for potted meat.
- Meatloaf: We dare call it "street loaf." Meat, munched together with big hunks of uncooked onions with some catsup drizzled on top. No thanks!!!!
- Tuna "Sloppy" Caserole: Noodles, onions and tuna. Yuck!!!! They could make this in bulk to feed the masses, but it was nasty with a capital N.
- Refried Beans: For the most part, they tasted and smelled like cat or dog food. I can't even describe the taste, but the texture was crunchy on the outside and limp on the inside.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman, and sponsored by First Education Federal Credit Union.