Top 5 At 7:45 – Ways To Protect Your Heart
We protect our selves against many different things in our life. But what about our heart?
I was recently reading a piece in Men's Magazine on line, and it talked about our heart and how we can protect it. Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, we'll talk about how to protect that precious blood pump to maybe help us stay alive long enough to either see the Chicago Cubs win a World Series or to see the U.S. pay off her national debt.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays on KGAB Mornings with me, Gary Freeman and sponsored by First Eduction Federal Credit Union.
- Grill A Steak: You might be surprised to know that up to 50% fat in beef is heart healthy monounsaturated variety and can actually be good for you.
- Check Out A Scary Movie: They tend to cause your heart to race thus hitting your heart's "reset" button, according to some researchers.
- Run In Doors When It's Hazy Out: When it's hot and hazy outside, and you're running, researchers have found that this can cut the supply of oxygen in the blood and make it more likely to clot.
- Rid Yourself Of Second Hand Smoke: It's been said that people exposed to cigarette smoke for 30 minutes - three times per week could have about a 26 percent chance of being at a greater risk of heart disease.
- Go For A Swim: Men who burn about 50 calories a day by swimming, are 62 percent less likely to dis of heart disease.