Top 5 At 7:45 – How To Be A Good Friend
Good friends may be hard to come by. Not just a trusty acquaintances, but someone who is always there for you and who loves us in spite of ourselves. Unfortunately, friendships can be broken and no one is a winner when that happens.
Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight tips on what people look for in a good friend. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays on KGAB Mornings with me, Gary Freeman.
- Be Interested In Them: Too many times, we want to tell our story instead of getting interested in a friends story. Let them talk. You'll be alright.
- Be A Good Listener: Never underestimate the power of the ears. Once they know that they have your attention and that you really care, you'll have a friend for life. Remember, they don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
- Be Physical: Sometimes people just need a shoulder to cry on or a big hug.
- Be In Touch: Many times good friendships fail because we get so busy that we forget to "reach out and touch them." It's a bit easier now with mobile phones and emails.
- Let Them Know Just How You Feel: People like to hear when they are appreciated and loved. This goes a long way with sustaining a good friendship.