The Top 5 Football Movies Of All Time
Football movies that inspired us brought good moments.
Football season is in the air for us here in Cheyenne. Over the weekend, the Denver Bronco’s killed the San Francisco 49er’s at Levi Stadium 34-0. Hollywood has liked to make movies based around sports, and football movies are definitely a part of their line up.
Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I’ll highlight my top 5 movies based on football teams or around football itself.
- Facing The Giants (2006) – Proves that perseverance pays off in the end it you don’t quit.
- Brian’s Song (1971) – This was probably the first football movie I had seen in my life back in 1978. A black player and a white player who become friends while playing football. Grab the tissue for the end.
- Radio (2003) – A story of a mentally challenged man who is given a chance to be on the team by the coach. A great story.
- Rudy (1993) – A boys dream comes true when he finally makes the team at Notre Dame. The small, non-athletic kid makes the team! A great movie!
- Lucas (1986) – The runty high school kid who practiced the term, “Try and try again.” Learn to believe in yourself when no one else will.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman, and brought to you by First Education Federal Credit Union.