Favorite Foods That Are “A Must” On The Thanksgiving Day Table
Tomorrow is the day when families all across the country will gather together, sit down, and enjoy the blessings of their labors. Traditionally, Thanksgiving Day finds itself hosting some of the tastiest foods known to us in America. Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight my favorite foods that I really hope to eat on Thanksgiving. I'm sure you have your favorites too, so pull up to the table and share them with us.
- Green Bean Casserole - I think this is one of my favorites and has been for a long time.
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce - You can get real creative with this one. You don't have to subject yourself to sauce in a can.
- Turkey - The best way to take care of the bird is to prepare it in your own, homemade, buttermilk brine. Give this a shot this year - Homemade Brine.
- Yams & Squash - Either of these will do. You don't have to succumb to the "traditional" way of preparing these dishes. There are many, many recipe's out there that are different than what we're used to, but will still capture the theme of the season.
- Fresh Pumpkin Pie - This will top off any good meal. One way that I enjoy it is not out of a can. Although a bit labor intensive, you can make your own, homemade pumpkin pie. Here is one recipe that you might enjoy here - Fresh Homemade Pumpkin Pie.
Whatever you enjoy and whatever is your tradition on Thanksgiving Day, we hope that it is the best one ever.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman and sponsored by First Education Federal Credit Union. Happy Thanksgiving!