Cheyenne Day of Giving 2013
The 8th annual Cheyenne Day of Giving is almost here!
What is the Day of Giving?
It's a one-day event at the Kiwanis Community House in Lions Park on the Friday before Mother's Day. The Eighth Annual Cheyenne Day of Giving will be held on May 10, 2013. This annual event helps supply and fund multiple charities for the upcoming year!
The entire community can give at this event in a number of ways:
- Give blood to help United Blood Services meet quotas
- Register as a potential organ or bone marrow donor
- Donations of non-perishable food and personal care items will be accepted and distributed between these local charities: Family Promise of Cheyenne, Comea House, Home Away From Home, Needs, St. Joseph's Food Pantry, Salvation Army, Safehouse Services, and Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless, and Magic City Enterprise, Inc
- Unused prescription medications will be accepted for donation or safe disposal
- Donations of gently used durable medical equipment will be accepted by Wyoming Independent Living for those who cannot afford them on their own
- Donate used prescription eyeglasses and over-the-ear hearing aids to the Lions Club
- Cash donations will also be accepted.
More information is available at the Day of Giving website