5 Truths About Super Bowl 50 That I Had No Idea Were True – Did You? [COMMENTARY]
This weekend will be Super Bowl 50 and fans all across the country will await it's arrival in Santa Clara, California. But there are facts about "50" that I had no idea were true.
On Sunday, February 7, 2016 the Carolina Panthers will take on the Denver Broncos as they battle it out for the championship of the National Football League. I knew this was a huge event, but here are 5 things that I didn't know about the big game, according to Fortune Magazine.
- The cost to air a 30 second commercial will cost advertisers 5 million dollars. That is amazing to me. It costs more to air a commercial, than to host the game.
- As of February 1, the most expensive ticket to the big game was $23,000 on StubHub.
- As of February 1, the cheapest ticket was $3,301 on StubHub.
- To host the Super Bowl in Santa Clara, California is $4,881,625 which is cheaper than a 30 second ad.
- 1.3 billion chicken wings are expected to be eaten on Super Bowl Sunday.
The bottom line is if you're a chicken, you're hating life. If you're a fan with lots of money, have at it, but as for me and my house, I think we'll plan to watch from the sofa.