5 States Ranked “Best” For Concealed Carry
Guns & Ammo Magazine recently took a look at all 50 states gun laws, to include Washington D.C., to see which states had the best up-to-date gun laws. Here are the top 5 states that have the best gun laws in the United States. What constitutes the "best" gun laws include: reciprocity with other states, costs, training and ease of acquiring a concealed permit.
- Arizona - This is probably the best state for gun owners. Doesn't require permits from its residents, however it will issue licenses to those who want them.
- Utah - This state does require a permit. These permits don't cost much, but the interesting part of this is that they can carry almost everywhere. Not much limitations on where they can carry.
- Alaska - Much like the Cowboy State, Alaska residents do not need a permit to carry a gun. The state of Alaska will issue permits, should their residents want to travel to other states that require them. Also, Alaskans must inform law enforcement that they are carrying.
- Wyoming - The Cowboy State checks in at #4 as they have adopted the same type law as Vermont. They can carry without a permit. In order for residents to carry in reciprocal states, Wyoming will issue permits.
- Florida - This is where the concealed carry permit started, as we know it today. Also, it's stand-your-ground laws are common across America.