JAX Outdoor Gear, Farm & Ranch Opens Cheyenne Store
A popular Fort Collins-based outdoors store has expanded north of the border into Wyoming.
JAX Outdoor Gear, Farm & Ranch opened a Cheyenne store in the Frontier Mall on Saturday (Nov. 23). The 80,000 square foot location is located in the old Sears building at 1400 Dell Range Blvd.
A full grand opening celebration is being planned for the spring.
A press release said the store will feature a variety of outdoor gear including camping, clothing, footwear, hunting, fishing, military surplus, paddlesports, travel gear, power equipment, tools and hardware, kitchenware and garden supplies.
The Cheyenne location will also specialize in farm and ranch supplies, stocking equine and livestock feed.
Like other JAX stores, there’s an in-store coffee shop.
JAX hired about 50 employees for the new store. JAX now has eight total locations — six across Colorado in Fort Collins, Loveland, Lafayette, and Broomfield; and another location in Ames, Iowa.
“Wyoming is a beautiful state with tremendous opportunities to get outdoors, which aligns perfectly with our company and culture,” said JAX president Jim Quinlan in a press release.
“Cheyenne is a vibrant and growing city. We are excited to become a part of the community.”
The Quinlan family that runs JAX started their business with military surplus in 1955.
- 1200 N. College Ave. in Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1000 N. Highway 287 in Fort Collins, Colorado (Farm & Ranch)
- 950 E Eisenhower Blvd. in Loveland, Colorado
- 900 S. Highway 287 in Lafayette, Colorado
- 400 S. West Boulder Road in Lafayette, Colorado (Farm & Ranch)
- 5005 W. 120th Ave. in Broomfield
- 4723 W. Lincoln Way in Ames, Iowa
- 1400 Dell Range Blvd. in Cheyenne, Wyoming