Cameron Peak, East Troublesome Fires Covering Over 400,000 Combined Acres
Colorado's two largest fires ever currently burn less about 10 miles apart.
The combined acreage of the Cameron Peak and East Troublesome fires cover more than 400,000 acres of Northern Colorado as snowfall began to fall Saturday night (Oct. 24).
Containment for the Cameron Peak has gotten back to 61% after some containment had been lost earlier in the week. The East Troublesome Fire has 10% containment.
LARGEST COLORADO FIRES IN HISTORY
- 2020 Cameron Peak Fire 208,663 Acres
- 2020 East Troublesome Fire 192,560 acres
- 2020 Pine Gulch Fire 139,007 acres
- 2002 Hayman Fire 137,760 acres
- 2013 West Fork Complex Fire 108,045 acres
- 2012 High Park Fire 87,250 acres
*Acreage numbers as of Oct. 25, 2020
Hopefully the snow will be able to extinguish parts or all of the fire.