Bear Spray Discharged In School Bus Near Jackson
A bus full of Jackson third-grade students was evacuated Thursday afternoon when a chaperone's bear spray discharged.
The Colter Elementary School students were on their way back from a trip to Grand Teton National Park when somebody accidentally kicked the bear spray can and it discharged.
Principal Bo Miller said a few students experienced intense skin irritation, but there were no serious injuries.
Miller said the bus pulled over, evacuated and a replacement was sent to pick up the children.
Jackson Hole fire and rescue personnel went to Colter Elementary and helped treat the students with the school's nursing staff.