7 Northern Colorado Shootings Reported Since Thursday
Northern Colorado law enforcement has been busy dealing with different shootings in recent days.
There have been multiple incidents reported in Fort Collins, Greeley and Windsor since Thursday (Oct. 29). At least one person has been killed in the shootings. Another was in critical condition.
All of the incidents appear unrelated at this time. Here's a recap of all the recent shooting reports:
- At 2:57 p.m. on Thursday Greeley Police said it responded to a shooting in the 1100 block alley of 11th Avenue, where they found an adult male who had been shot in the head. The victim was transported to a local hospital by ambulance. In the last update, the suspect was still considered 'at-large.' Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sanchez at 970-351-5394.
- Around 11:15 p.m. on Thursday, Fort Collins Police said it responded to a shooting at the intersection of Oak Street and College Avenue in Old Town Fort Collins. 22-year-old Abdirahman Ahmed had allegedly pulled out a handgun and fired multiple shots into a group of people during a disturbance. One male victim was transported to a hospital for treatment. Ahmed was later arrested and booked on charges of Attempted Second Degree Murder (class 3 felony), First Degree Assault (class 3 felony), and three counts of Felony Menacing (class 5 felony). Anyone with information, who has not already spoken to police, is encouraged to contact Detective CJ O’Loughlin at 970-416-2571.
- Around 1 a.m. on Friday morning, Weld County Sheriff's Office said it responded to a shooting at the 7900 block of Weld 62, also known as Crossroads Boulevard, near Windsor. Authorities found an adult male dead on the scene from an apparent gunshot wound. Authorities were initially searching for 32-year-old suspect Trevor George of Fort Collins. George was later located and arrested at a Schrader's Gas Station by Larimer County Sheriff's deputies in an incident that required the use of a taser. George was then transferred to the Weld County Jail.
- Around 12:09 a.m. on Saturday, Fort Collins Police said it responded to a shooting on the 600 block of Smith Street (Through the investigation, detectives believe that the shooting occurred in-between Whedbee Street and Smith Street). A juvenile had arranged to meet the victim near this location. The suspect ended up brandishing a firearm and discharging on the adult male victim, who was transported to a hospital with serious but stable injuries. The juvenile suspect was arrested on charges of 1st degree assault, aggravated robbery and three counts of felony menacing. Authorities say they are still searching for the firearm used.
- Around 11:41 p.m. on Saturday, Greeley Police said suspects fired multiple rounds in the air after a disturbance at Starlight Station (1742 Greeley Mall). During a fight in the parking lot, one male was assaulted and knocked unconscious. There were no injuries reported from the gunfire.
- Around 12:54 a.m. on Sunday, a shooting was reported by Greeley Police on the 1900 block of 11th Avenue after a disturbance. A male victim was shot and transported to the hospital but has since been released and his injuries were not considered serious. Police say they are still searching for suspects.
- Around 2:23 a.m. on Sunday, a shooting was reported by Greeley Police on the 800 block of 28th Avenue after a disturbance at a Halloween party. A gun battle reportedly broke out and one male was shot and transported to the hospital with critical injuries. The Greeley SWAT Team was called in for support. Police say they are still searching for suspects.
All suspects are innocent until proven guilty. An arrest is merely an accusation of a crime by law enforcement.
All charges are simply an accusation by law enforcement officers, and any arrested party must be presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. No further information will be released at this time.
Northern Colorado's Most Puzzling Cold Cases