Top 5 At 7:45 – Favorite Wyoming Fish
People not only love to fish, but they also love to eat it as well. I like a good salmon or Tilapia every now and again. But the state of Wyoming has some good fish for eating too. As some of you may know, the official Wyoming State Fish is a Cutthroat Trout as of February 18, 1987.
Today on the Top 5 at 7:45 I'm gong to highlight 5 of my favorite Wyoming fish. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman, on KGAB Mornings on AM 650 KGAB.
- Catfish - Grab the deep fryer, Tabasco and malt vinegar and let's have a ball.
- Rainbow Trout - This is a great catch as they have no scales and their bone structure is pretty tight. Not to mention the delicious sweet nutty taste.
- Walleye - Light, flakey and mild in taste - a great meal for sure.
- Brown Trout - Keep them under a few pounds and you'll be much happier with the taste.
- Bass - Very high in mercury, but many people eat them.
Is there a Wyoming fish that I am missing? Leave your favorite Wyoming fish in the comments section. I'd really like to know.