Top 5 At 7:45 – Reasons To Buy A Home In Cheyenne
With the sub-prime mortgage prices and ensuing economic meltdowns leaving home owners under water and unable to pay those mortgages, home buying is making a come back.
Today, on the Top 5 at 7:45, I am going to highlight some positive reasons for people to own their own home, instead of renting. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman, on KGAB Mornings.
- A Second Income Stream – Monetizing a home seems to be a big trend these days. People are either renting out a garage space or their basement as a way to make some extra cash.
- Forces Saving – Since you must pay a mortgage every month, you’re “forced” to put money away instead of spending your cash on nonsensical items like fast food and what not.
- Tax Deductions – The big tax benefit of owning a home is being able to deduct mortgage interest payments. Plus – any energy efficient improvements you install in the home.
- Low Interest Rates And Prices – Right now, I have a very low interest rate, which is great. Plus – I got a great deal on a home. It was appraised about $10,000.00 more than what I bought it for. With rent rates going up about 5%, and asking prices on homes going down about 0.7% over the last year, I feel pretty good about the purchase.
- Landlords can’t kick you out – Especially in our older age, it’s good to be in a home that you own and as a security against rising rent costs and possible eviction.