Top 5 At 7:45 – Places In Wyoming To Retire
For many, retirement is a new phase in life. The question is, where is a good place to retire if you want to stay a resident in the Cowboy State?
With more and more Baby Boomers retiring, I thought that I would highlight my top 5 places in Wyoming to do just that. Retire. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays on KGAB Mornings with me, Gary Freeman.
- The Best Place to retire in Wyoming is where you are most happy. After all, it is your retirement and no one can really judge where you would most be happy, except you.
- Cheyenne – If you like the out doors and a manageable size town, then Cheyenne is for you. History rich, located as the State Capitol and home of Cheyenne Frontier Days. Also, they are friendly for those looking for reasonably priced horse property and you’ll love to Shop Downtown Cheyenne.
- Casper – The town offers much outdoor adventure if you’re into skiing, fishing, hiking and birding. Culture is what sets this town apart from the rest with it’s symphony orchestra’s and theater’s. Also, there are a lot of bluegrass bands and a very impressive art museum called Nicolaysen Art Museum and lots of shopping opportunities too.
- Sheridan – If you are an avid cross country skier and golfer, this is the town for you. It has it’s own VA Medical Center and is not as pricy to ski as in Jackson, WY.
- Cody – If you are a history buff and love to fly fish, this would be your town. Named after William Frederick “Buffalo Bill” Cody, his old west shows still alive with opportunities to volunteer and visit the Buffalo Bill Historic Center.