Top 5 At 7:45 – Most Favorite Television Game Shows Of The 70′s
The decade that brought us all the goofy, but memorable T.V. game show’s. The Dating Game or the Newlywed Game, or even the Gong Show. These are the show’s that broke the mold and gave us some great memories.
Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I’ll highlight my top 5 favorite television game shows from the 1970′s. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays on KGAB Mornings with me, Gary Freeman and brought to you by First Education Federal Credit Union.
- The Gong Show – And Heeeeere They Are! Who could forget Chuck Barris, The Unknown Comic and Mean Gene the Dancin’ Machine?
- The Joker’s Wild – Joker, Joker and a Triple! That was one of my favorite games and originally hosted by Jack Barry.
- The Dating Game – This might be a bit creepy now days. 3 bachelors behind a wall and one gal asking the questions. She goes on a date with the #1 guy! Casey Kasem actually was a contestant on this game and hosted originally by Jack Lange, who died in February of this year.
- The Newlywed Game – Talk about T.M.I. (Too Much Information) on T.V.! Bob Eubanks hosted this program in 1966 and was an all-time favorite in the 1970′s. They had funny questions like, When your wife says, “They’re playing our song”, what song are they playing?
- The $1.98 Beauty Show – With the talents of the silly Rip Taylor. When the girls won, he would sing the $1.98 song as he placed the plastic crown on their head and handed them a “bouquet” of rotten carrots.