Top 5 At 7:45 – Foods That Fight Skin Cancer
Summer time typically brings very hot temperatures and that means high ultraviolet index counts. Here is Cheyenne recently, the UV Index was 11 which means extreme risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
Dr. Oz has weighed in on the top 5 foods that could help you fight skin cancer and those are what I’ll highlight today. The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays on KGAB Mornings with me, Gary Freeman.
- Coffee – This is my number one drink in the morning and can also become very important for protecting your skin against skin cancer.
- Lemons – There are many people that start their day off with a glass of warm water with lemon to get their system going in the morning. Lemons contain vitamin C and powerful antioxidants that can help protect skin cells from sun damage.
- Spinach – Popeye’s favorite food packs a punch of Vitamin B and E, Lutein and other flavonoids that can help prevent skin cancer.
- Turmeric – You might find this bright, yellow spice in your spice rack. This also is said to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help you to fight skin cancer.
- Dark Chocolate – This is an extra value for me. I simply love dark chocolate, but it is also made with 70% or more cocoa and full of goodies that can help fight skin damaged by ultraviolet rays and is said to help break down collagen which leads to wrinkles.