Search For Missing Man At Seminoe Reservoir Continues
The missing man, 25-year-old Micheal Proberts, was last seen on Saturday when he said he was planning a kayaking expedition on the reservoir. Probert’s family reported him missing early Sunday. Searchers found his kayak, paddle, life vest and a ball camp on Sunday morning near a cove, and his vehicle has been found at the south Red Hills campground. But so far his body has not been found, despite search efforts that used an underwater remote operated vehicle and sonar.
Roybal says on Tuesday as many as 15 people were looking for the missing man in four or five boats. The undersheriff says at one point Tuesday the boats were forced to return to shore because of rough waters, but he says they resumed the search about an hour later.
Roybal says the search resumed at about 7 a.m. Wednesday, with another four boats returning to the water through the morning hours.
While Proberts is presumed to have drowned, so far authorities have made no announcements about ending the search.