Looking At Ag Which Brings In Much Revenue To The Cheyenne Area
As we all know, Wyoming is cattle country. About 68% of Wyoming's total agricultural receipts are made up of livestock products. But what else? Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight what else the Cheyenne area depends on for revenue besides cattle.
- Livestock - Beef and cattle is what's for dinner here in Cheyenne. Calves help to bring in the dough as well.
- Hay - Who would have thought? Hay is actually the top crop in the Cowboy State.
- Sugar Beets - This is another top grown resource here in Wyoming. As far as uses? Where do we even begin? Fructose and high energy foods which are in high demand amongst consumers as they nurture their sweet tooth.
- Hogs - In recent years, the inventory for hogs and pigs were right around 107,180. Are you smelling bacon yet?
- Sheep & Lambs - The Laramie County Fair is the local highlight of these creatures. Kids from around the county show off what they've done within the last year and hope for that blue ribbon. Recently, the count was in the neighborhood of 411,952.
The Top 5 at 7:45 airs weekdays with me, Gary Freeman and sponsored by First Education Federal Credit Union.