Here Are Some Safe Places For Your Child To Go In Cheyenne
Parents need to tell their children where safe places are in Cheyenne should trouble find them.We all want our children to be safe. Cheyenne is pretty child friendly. We see children riding their bikes down the street, walking to and from school and in parks and recreation areas. However, it is good to have a conversation with our children about where the safe places are in Cheyenne in case they need to go there.
Today on the Top 5 at 7:45, I'll highlight 5 places in Cheyenne that are safe places to go.
- Cheyenne Regional Medical Center: Your child can go to the local hospital or emergency room should they need assistance.
- Cheyenne Police Department: The police department is very capable in handling children that need help. You can contact Officer Dan Long for more information on safety.
- Cheyenne Fire Departments: We have a few different fire departments in several locations throughout Cheyenne. Find the one closest to you and let your child know where it is located.
- Safe House: This is a safe haven for children who may have suffered from domestic violence.
- Safe Harbor: This is a non-profit, non-governmental place for child advocacy. Any child that has been abused can go to this supportive organization.