Cheyenne Day of Giving: Youth Kick-Off Event
2015’s Day of Giving will include a youth kick-off event that focuses on collection of non-perishable food, personal care items and craft items. The idea behind it? Kids helping kids! Cheyenne has a large number of people in need who will benefit from the help Cheyenne’s youth can bring to this event.
Donations will help people through these 10 agencies:
- Boys and Girls Club of Cheyenne
- COMEA House
- Interfaith Family Support Services
- Home Away From Home
- Magic City Enterprises
- Needs Inc.
- Safehouse Services
- St. Joseph’s Food Pantry
- Salvation Army
- Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless
- Non-perishable food items (such as canned foods, pasta, beans, cereal, granola bars)
- Affordable proteins (such as peanut butter, canned tuna, canned chicken, SPAM)
- Hygiene products (such as shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, razors, bar soap, laundry detergent)
- New underwear in all sizes and ages (baby to senior citizen)
- Craft items (such as craft kits, pom-poms, googly eyes, yarn, poster board, scrapbooking supplies, crayons)
Various after-school organizations, schools, and other youth groups will be gathering supplies and manning the donation station on Friday, May 8.
How can you help?
Youth of all ages are encouraged to bring any of the above items to the Kiwanis Community House between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. Youth volunteers will unpack your car and sort the donation items (under supervisory eyes!).