Casper Man Arrested on Several Drug Charges
A Casper man believed to have been in possession of drugs including cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana is awaiting his preliminary hearing in Circuit Court.
Julio Cesar Romero was arrested on October 23rd by the Wyoming Highway Patrol, following an investigation but the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation.
A DCI affidavit says that a criminal informant made at least two controlled buys from Romero under the surveillance and supervision of DCI Agents. Further, it is believed that Romero made a trip to Colorado this month to buy controlled substances to bring back in the state to sell.
Wyoming Troopers pulled Romero over on 1-25 during his trip back to Casper, where they say they discovered approximately 30 grams of suspected methamphetamine, 40 grams of suspected cocaine and less than three ounces of suspected marijuana; in Romero’s car.
Court paperwork currently lists 7 counts against Romero:
- Two felony counts of delivery of a controlled substance: methamphetamine.
- One felony count of possession of cocaine with intent to deliver.
- One felony count of possession of methamphetamine with intent to deliver.
- One felony count of possession of more than three grams of cocaine.
- One felony count of possession of more than three grams of methamphetamine.
- One misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana.
Romero is currently in custody on a ten-thousand dollar felony bond and a five-hundred dollar misdemeanor bond.